The Student Engagement Consultant works to support the
school build capability to manage student behaviour and support students with
All areas of the work undertaken are underpinned by
the Student Code of Conduct and its implementation across all areas of the
school is fundamental in the processes enacted.
Some of the means through
which this work is done are:
- Offering pro-active programs in recognition of
appropriate, positive behaviour.
- Working face to face with students in addressing the management of
- Providing support to class teachers to assist with appropriate strategies to
manage behaviours identified.
- Promoting target activities at lunch times to support students with regard
to their behavioural and social interactions.
- Developing Individual Behaviour Support Plans for students by means of a
Functional Behavioural Analysis.
- Engaging parents in partnerships to support success for students.
- Maintaining productive partnerships with external agencies
to support students identified as experiencing behavioural difficulties.